Tuesday 7 August 2012

First Mumblings

I really dislike starting these type of things off. For some reason I am under the impression that I need to say something earth shattering, indeed meaningful, to the general populace.When we all know that is not the case. Rather, I think I will use this opportunity to bang on about anything I think is important.

Don't panic. Those things I perceive as important are, fishing (in particular, fly fishing), bushwalking and hunting (more on that later). The first two pursuits are things I am getting back into with a vengeance. In particular bushwalking after an absence of twenty-odd years. Fly fishing, on the other hand, has been something I have been absent from for only five or so years.

I'm now looking for opportunities to combine the idea of fly fishing and bushwalking. In fact now with trout opening approaching I am planing a trip for that weekend to the Buckland River. It will be a great opportunity to scout out the area for a classic walk and stalk (fish) trip or two in the near future. This is something I have great hopes of doing with my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment